How to Fix Brother Printer Driver Installation Problems?
As is well known, printer drivers are crucial to the increased efficiency of your printer. In case it doesn’t do its job properly, your brother’s printer might stop running. Here, in this blog, we’re going to talk about the Brother printer driver installation problems that most of you run into. In Addition, You will also discover the most popular yet practical strategies to cure it.
How Do I Setup My Brother Printer?
The Most Common Brother Printer Driver Installation Problems
Before moving on to the troubleshooting section, you must be aware of any issues that can arise when installing Brother Printer driver. Consequently, the following list contains some of the most typical printer driver installation issues:
- Cannot install brother printer driver on windows 10
- Brother Software installation crashes or freezes
- The setup wizard for a brother wireless device pauses
- Brother Printer driver won’t install
- Brother printer USB cable not working
All the potential problems, from the simple to the complex that could arise during the installation of the brother printer driver are listed above. It’s time to research potential troubleshooting techniques for each issue. Continue through the following section to discover all of the solutions.
Why Does A Printer Driver Installation Issue Occur?
There are plenty of factors liable for the “cannot install brother printer driver windows 10” error. Below, we have listed a number of common ones. Check Out!
- Your printer drive might get damaged or corrupted after updating your operating system.
- After updating to Windows 10, the brother driver disappears completely.
- Windows 10 and the Brother Printer driver are completely at odds.
- Furthermore, you can confront a faulty printer driver.
How to Troubleshoot Brother Printer Driver Installation Issues
In case the Brother Printer driver and software program starts possessing a problem, they will possibly not be able to get any type of prints or could not use some attributes of a printer. Hence they create problems and don’t let install the printer driver.
Here, we have listed possible troubleshooting methods to resolve the aforementioned brother printer driver installation issues:
Problem 1: Cannot Install Brother Printer Driver Windows 10
If you are unable to Install brother printer driver on Windows 10, you must disconnect your printer from the computer and reinstall it. Secondly, restart the print spooler service using the instructions below:
Solution: – Remove and Install the Printer Again
- First, click the Windows 10 icon on your PC and navigate to Settings.
- Click “Devices” and then the “Printers & Scanners” option.
- Select your Brother Printer model.
- Click on the “Remove Device” option.
- After that, click yes to confirm.
- Again go to your computer’s Settings.
- Click Devices> Printers and Scanners>Add Printers & Scanners.
- Now, choose your printer to install.
- In case your computer is unable to find the printer, select the option “The Printer that I want isn’t listed”
- Connect your printer with the computer through a USB cable.
- Choose the “Add a Local Printer or Network Printer with manual settings” option.
- Click Next.
- Select “Use an existing port” and click the Next button.
- From the left menu, choose the manufacturer of the printer. And, from the right side, select the model number of your printer.
- Click Next.
- You can change your printer name, then click finally Next button to finish the process.
In this way, you won’t need to add Brother Printer drivers because they will be loaded on your computer automatically.
Problem 2: Brother Software Installation Crashes or Freezes
You’ve arrived at the right place if you’re looking for an immediate fix for brother software installation freezes and crashes.
Solution: Turn Off Startup Programs
- First, open task manager on your Windows 10 computer.
- In the Task Manager, click on the Startup option.
- Choose every program, then turn it off one by one.
- After that, restart your computer.
- Try to reinstall the Brother Printer Software to figure out if the problem still exists.
Problem 3: The Setup Wizard for a Brother Wireless Device Freezes
Are you the one struggling with brother wireless setup wizard hangs and freezing issues? The following steps can help you get rid of this issue:
Solution: Disable Firewall on Your Computer
- Go to Control Panel on your Windows 10 computer.
- Click on the “System and Security” option.
- Click on the “Windows Defender Firewall”
- From the left menu on your screen, choose the “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off” option.
- Under the Public Network Settings section choose “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall”
- Click OK to save all the changes.
Problem 4: Brother Printer Driver Won’t Install
If either brother printer driver won’t load, vanishes from the screen, or freeze when you try to install it, you should try the following fix:
- Remove the printer
- Go to Control Panel on your computer.
- Navigate to Hardware and Software and click Devices and Printers.
- Right-Click on your printer and click Remove Device
- Click on the “Yes” button to remove your printer.
2. Uninstall the driver
- Go to Control Panel.
- Under Programs, select the “Uninstall a Program” option.
- Locate the printer drivers and uninstall each one of them.
- Restart your computer.
3. Reinstall the printer
- Now, connect your printer to the computer using the USB cable.
- Turn your printer and computer on.
- Place the Brother utilities/drivers DVD in or download the utility software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add your printer.
You Still Can’t Install The Printer Driver?
Are you still unable to install the printer driver after attempting all the solutions listed above? No worries! In some cases, service center support will be all you need to resolve a problem.
In case you are still experiencing issues with the Brother Printer Driver installation, visit the Repair Service Center website. Here, you can schedule an appointment at Brother Repair Service Center near you with a qualified technician with extensive experience.
People Also Ask – Brother Printer Driver Installation Problems FAQs
Q.1. Why does my printer installation keep failing?
Ans. The most common reason for printer installation failure could be an unreliable connection between the printer and your computer.
Q.2. How do I manually install Brother Printer drivers?
Ans. To download the most recent printer driver updates via Windows Updates, follow the steps: Go to Settings of your computer > Update & Security > Windows Update > click on the “Check for Updates” button.
Q.3. How do I fix the printer not detected during driver installation?
Ans. You can resolve the “printer not identified during driver installation” problem by changing the printer’s USB port. The USB cable for the printer only needs to be unplugged from your computer and then reconnected to another USB port on the device.
Q.4. How do I manually install a printer driver in Windows?
Ans. Click on the start button on your computer > Open settings > Click “Update & Security” > Click on the “Check for Updates” option. This way, Windows Update will automatically download and install the printer driver if it discovers an updated version that has been installed.
Q.5. Why is my computer suddenly not recognizing my printer?
Ans. One of the possible causes of your computer’s refusal to detect your printer is the unsuccessful attempt to connect your printer to it via USB. Ensure that all of the cables are joined correctly.
Q.6. Why is my Brother printer not connecting to my computer?
Ans. A simple loose cable is the root of many computer communication problems. Verify that all of the cables leading from your computer to your printer are securely connected at both ends.
Q.7. Why does my computer say printer driver unavailable?
Ans. The message “Printer driver is unavailable” indicates the driver installed for your printer is either incompatible with your computer or out of date.
Q.8. Is Windows 11 compatible with Brother Printers?
Ans. The Brother Printer model you choose will determine if Windows 11 is compatible with it. It’s possible that you won’t always be able to use a USB cable to connect your Brother printer to a Windows 11 PC.
Q.9. how do I fix the printer driver that is unavailable in Windows 10?
Ans. To fix the unavailable printer driver issue, here’s how you can run the Windows Update utility in Windows 10:
- Click the Start button.
- Next, click the Settings icon.
- Select the “Update & Security” option.
- Hereafter, your windows will search for available updates.
- If any update is found, Windows will automatically download & install it.
Q.10. Are Brother Printers compatible with Windows 10?
Ans. Most Brother Printer models can be used with Windows 10, although not all can. Additionally, you must use a driver or utility that is compatible with Windows 10.
Q.11. How do I connect my Brother printer to my computer without cable?
Ans. If you want to connect your brother’s printer to the computer wirelessly, you can opt for a wireless router/access point as follows:
- Firstly, insert the Brother CD into your PC.
- Select your language/country and then click next.
- If you accept the terms of the License Agreement, check the box next to “I accept this License Agreement”, and then click next.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi) & click next.
- Choose your machine from the list, and then click next.
- After that, complete the process by following the on-screen directions.
Q.12. How do I manually update my printer driver?
Ans. The following steps would be helpful to manually update your printer driver:
- Navigate to the “Control Panel” on your computer.
- Click Hardware & Sound and then Device manager.
- Look for your printer model and right-click on it.
- Click the “Update Driver” option.
- To complete the procedure, adhere to the on-screen directions.