How to Fix Epson Printer Error Code 000031
The Epson Company has unquestionably preserved its status over the years by making high-quality printers. The majority of consumers have, however, also been running into some issues when printing or scanning documents in an Epson printer. This blog is therefore devoted to Epson Printer Error Code 000031, one of the most prevalent error codes that you may also encounter.
What Does An Epson Printer Error Code 000031 Refer To?
If you encounter an error 000031 while using your Epson printer, you might be curious to know the reasons behind it, am I right? Not to worry! An Epson printer is merely a machine, and occasionally blunders may be made as a result of technical issues. Hence this blog post will assist you in resolving the issue, but before we do, it is important to comprehend what this error implies and when it occurs.
Epson Printer Error Code 000031 – This error usually appears when there is a problem with the printer’s scanner portion. Therefore, the probability of encountering error code 000031 increases if the scanning system becomes jammed and there is an internal hardware issue.
What Causes Error 000031 in Epson Printer?
There are a variety of causes for the Epson Printer Error Number 000031, including:
- Jammed Paper: One of the most frequent causes of Epson error 000031 could be paper jamming. Therefore, fixing this issue often enables your Epson printer to reinstate overall stability.
- Improper Waste Ink Disposal: Although, there is a waste ink disposal mechanism in Epson ink tank printers. When this mechanism gets unable to function properly or to dispose of waste ink efficiently, then you may probably encounter error 000031 on your Epson printer.
- Low-quality ink refill: The emergence of error code 00031 may be triggered by refilling the ink tanks of your Epson printer with substandard ink instead of genuine Epson ink.
- Software-Related Glitch: A flaw with the printing software may also cause error 00031 in your Epson printer.
- Internal Hardware Issues: Epson error code 000031 may be caused by corrupted or missing drivers. Or occasionally the issue is brought on by a misconfigured waste ink disposal system.
- Printing Heavy Files: are you attempting to print large files? Be cautious because doing so raises your chance of running into error code 000031.
Now that you are aware of all the common causes of Epson printer error code 000031, it is time to move on to the simplest yet most efficient methods that will stimulate you to fix the error.
Epson Printer Offline Error Issues
A Complete Guide to Epson Printer Setup
Quick Resolutions for Epson Printer Error 000031
You must attempt the following fixes to prevent error code 000031 on the Epson printer:
Solution 1: Reset Your Epson Printer
One of the fastest ways to resolve the Epson error code 000031 would be to reset your Epson printer to factory defaults. The performing reset process can eliminate any issue associated with your printer.
Here’s how you can reset your Epson printer:
- First of all, you have to cancel all your current print jobs.
- After that, turn your printer off.
- Now, turn it on again.
- Connect your printer to your computer via a USB cable.
- On your computer, Navigate to Control Panel > Printer and Devices
- Now, you need to search for your printer.
- Choose the “Reset” option.
- Now, restart your printer and see if the issue is resolved.
Solution 2: Reinstall Ink Cartridges
If resetting your printer doesn’t work for you, you may now move to the process to reinstall the ink cartridges as this is another possible cause of Epson error 000031.
However, your ink cartridge, which might not be correctly positioned in your printer, could be the root of the problem. In this approach, your printer and the cartridges’ communication is interrupted. Therefore, it’s crucial to reinstall the ink cartridges to ensure error-free performance.
To reinstall ink cartridges, follow the instructions listed below.
- Switch on your printer.
- After that, you need to lift the scanner unit to open the printer.
- Now, press the “Stop” button on the printer.
- To remove the cartridge, squeeze the tab on it and pull it straight up.
- Before opening the new ink cartridge, don’t forget to shake it four to five times.
- Next, remove the yellow tape from the side of the new cartridge.
- Insert the new cartridge and pull it down.
- Now, lower the scanner unit.
- Finally, press the stop button. (the ink charging will take around 1.5 minutes)
- When the power light stops blinking and remains on, your printer’s ink charging is finished.
Solution 3: Refill Ink Tank Properly
Whenever you buy something, it needs proper care with constant attention. Same as this, when your printer’s tank is running out of contents, you must look after it and ensure that it’s filled up.
Here’s how you can refill your Epson ink tanks:
- First, open the ink tank cover.
- Open the cap for the ink tank you want to fill.
- After that, hold the ink bottle upright and gently turn the bottle cap to remove it.
- Place the top of the ink bottle in front of the filling port along the slot.
- Now, slowly stand the bottle up in order to insert it.
- Now, you have to wait for the ink to fill the tank.
- When the tank is full to the top line, the flow of ink automatically stops.
- Remove the ink bottle and securely close the ink tank cap.
- Close the ink tank cover.
Solution 4: Gently Remove the Jammed Paper
Most probably, Paper jams can also cause the 00031 error on your Epson printer. Hence whenever you encounter an error, all you need to do is open up your printer and inspect if any unwanted paper is stuck inside your printer mechanisms.
Follow the instructions given below to remove the jammed paper inside your printer:
- Firstly, turn your printer off.
- If you can see stuck paper inside, gently tug it out the top.
- After that, pull the paper from the printer gently if you discover it is out of place.
- Now, open the paper trays.
- Ensure the trays are not overloaded with paper.
- Now, open the front or top covers.
- Pull out the print cartridge and then any side cover.
- If needed, clean all the dirty parts.
- Now, reinstall any print cartridge and paper tray you removed.
- Turn the printer back on.
- Finally, print a test page and check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 5: Wash Printer’s Ink Tubes
Blockage on your printer’s ink tubes can cause Epson printer error code 000031. Don’t worry, the Epson printer features a wash function that enables you to remove waste ink from the tubes and place it in a waste container.
Here’s how you can wash your printer’s ink tubes:
- Turn on your printer.
- Next, press the “Maintenance” button.
- Navigate to the “Tube Washing” option and then select it.
- Choose “White ink” or “Color ink” then select it.
- Now, wait for the screen to say the “cleaning process is complete” message.
Try These Precautions to Avoid Error Code 000031!
By implementing the following steps, you can take proper care of the Epson printer error code 000031:
- Use printing paper of the sizes and dimensions that your Epson printer claims to support. You’ll be capable of preventing paper jams in this manner.
- Always use authentic Epson ink bottles to reload ink tanks.
- Run the print head cleaning on a regular basis in order to maintain proper waste ink disposal.
Epson Error 000031 Still Troubles You?
Have you tried all the aforementioned solutions for Epson error 000031? Still, the error troubles you and interrupts your job. The Epson repair service center is the place that can aid you by delivering exceptional, quick resolutions to the issue with your printer.
Make a smart choice in choosing the best repair service center near you for your printer and enjoy an uninterrupted printing experience afterward!
People Also Ask – Epson Printer Error Code 000031 FAQs
Q.1. How do I fix error 000031?
Ans. To fix the Epson printer error code 000031, you must remove all of the ink cartridges from your printer and verify that they are all arranged conceptually. If not, you must appropriately install them using the directions on the cartridge’s box.
Q.2. What does printer error 000031 mean?
Ans. When there is a problem with the scanner segment of your printer, such as if it jams, or if there is any internal hardware malfunction, it’s possible for your printer to break down and show the 000031 error code.
Q.3. How do I get my Epson printer out of error state?
Ans. The most common cause of the “Epson Printer in error status” problem could be the use of malfunctioning ink cartridges. We urge you to ensure that the ink cartridges are not only original but also those recommended in the Epson Printer guidebook in order to resolve this issue.
Q.4. How do I reset my Epson printer?
Ans. Turn off your Epson printer > Press and hold the reset button on the back of your printer > Turn on the printer while holding the reset button > wait until the message “Printer is resetting” appears.
Q.5. How do I fix error 000043?
Ans. Your Epson printer may frequently display the error number 000043 due to a wrong ink cartridge. This problem can therefore be resolved by reinserting or reinstalling the new cartridge.
Q.6. How do I fix my Epson E01?
Ans. The reason behind the Epson printer error E01 can be just a paper jam. To troubleshoot this, unplug your printer from the power source > wait for a minute > restart your printer > Ensure you are not pulling out the jammed paper in the opposite direction > confirm there should not be any loose paper stuck in the loading tray > restart your printer > try a test page.
Q.7. Where is Epson reset button?
Ans. The reset button is placed on the backside of your Epson printer.
Q.8. How do I reset my printer to factory settings?
Ans. On your Epson printer display home screen, choose the “Set Up” button. After that, select Settings > Device Settings > Reset Settings > Reset All > Press the “OK” button > then Yes.
Q.9. How do I restart my printer?
Ans. It’s not too difficult to restart your printer. All you have to do is adhere to the instructions listed below:
- First, pull out the power cable from the back of your printer.
- In the next step, unplug the cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for around 15 seconds.
- Now, plug the power cable back into the wall outlet.
- Turn your printer back on.
Q.11. is there a reset button on ink cartridges?
Ans. You can easily access a small reset button just above the circuit board on most printer cartridges. These little buttons are presumably familiar to you from cell phones, phone chargers, etc.
Q.12. How do I reset my Epson printer after refilling ink?
Ans. Press the home button and navigate to the Control Panel of your printer > Setup > press OK > Restore Default Settings > press OK > Restore Network Settings > press OK > restart your printer.
Q.13. How do I fix printer errors?
Ans. A simple restart and reset process can fix most errors associated with your printer. All you need to do is
- Turn the printer off first.
- After that, press and hold the reset button on the back of the printer.
- Now, turn the printer on while holding the reset button.
- Release the button after 5 seconds.
In this manner, you are able to quickly resolve any type of device malfunction.
Q.15. how do I fix my Epson printer on Windows 10?
Ans. Your Epson printer’s physical checkup is a must in order to fix any errors or malfunctions related to it. You must check all cables and connections. Verify if the power button is on, and the power supply isn’t affected due to any issue. Check all the ports for any damage and remember, plug in all the cables after disconnecting the power supply.